by Paul Brindamour, April 1, 2017
Artistic portrayals of great male icons in Cuban history abound, but there aren’t many of the everyday Cuban man. This Facebook page is designed to showcase and celebrate Cuban artists’ portrayal of the contemporary, everyday Cuban man. Cuban Men in Cuban Art invites all Cuban artists to submit their work portraying the everyday Cuban man. And we welcomeall artists and art lovers to Friend us on Facebook.
In order to help establish this gallery, anAmerican art lover is sponsoring an Internet competition with a 300 CUC Grand Prize, 150 CUC Second Prize, and 50 CUC Third Prize.
1. The contest is open to any professional, amateur, or student Cuban artist residing in Cuba.
2. Art portraying Cuban men in all media is welcome, including paintings, drawings, prints, digital, sculptures, and photographs.
3. Images of the artist’s original artwork, in JPEG format, should be emailed to email@example.com. (Please note the Rule #11 requirement for claiming prizes.)
4. Contestants should present their artworks together with the following information:
Category: Student, Professional artist, amateur artist, etc…
Home phone number.
Cell phone number.
Small summary of artistic background.
5. Each artist can submit images of up to five of their original works.
6. All submitted artwork will be displayed on the Cuban Men in Cuban Art Facebook page.
7. Contest winners will be selected when 100 artists have submitted work.
8. Winning artwork will be chosen by:
Professor Antonio Manuel RiveroMartínez, who teaches painting and drawing in the well-known Cuban Academic of Arts “San Alejandro”.
Professor Gerardo Castro, who teaches art at New Jersey City University, New Jersey, USA.
Paul Brindamour, art lover and contest sponsor, Middletown, Connecticut, USA.
You! The number of “Likes” an artwork gets will be one of the factors considered by the judges during the selection process, although this does not necessarily guarantee a win.
9. Results of the contest will be published on the contest’s official Facebook page,Cuban Men in Cuban Art.
10. Contest winners will be notified by Professor Antonio Manuel RiveroMartínez, who will coordinate awarding the prizes.
11. All winning artworks and a Cuban ID must be presented by the artist for authentication and verification to Professor Antonio Manuel RiveroMartínez prior to cash prizes being awarded.